Curtin Child Learning center (CLICCS)
Curtin Child Learning center (CLICCS) is both a nursery & Primary School serving underserved Children & Youth at risk in Sembabule District Uganda. Our focus is to provide inclusive Education to the rural child whilst eradicating child marriage, teenage pregnancy, and Child labor to improve Literacy & numeracy skill sets & Completion levels. We also skill our children in basic vocational skills (Knitting, tailoring, Bakery & Farming among others. Our school is also championing climate change mitigation measures (Tree planting) where we have managed to plant 5 acres as a school & over 30 acres amongst the school community.
Our school has been operating since 2017 with 655 Pupils where 360 are girls & 295 boys with an age range of 03-15 years old with a 24-team of teaching and non-teaching staff.
Like any social Enterprise, an increase in enrollment means the need to have more facilities in place& these include;
- Computer lab (Partly funded & construction in progress)
- School administration block
- Boarding section to cater to distant children.
- School Kitchen/Dining
- Staff Quarters to accommodate teachers and/or School volunteers.
- 4 Water plastic tanks that can harvest about 100,000 liters of rainwater for school use since we have no access to gravity/Piped water.